Never miss an important alert again!
Please click here to receive an e-mail or text message via MyUtilityConnect when we issue updates regarding your water service.
Montague Boil Water Advisory Lifted
Today is Saturday, July 4, 2020.
THE BOIL WATER ADVISORY IS LIFTED and it is no longer necessary to boil your water before using. The following measures are strongly encouraged at this time:
- Run your water faucets for 3-5 minutes to flush your service connection and interior plumbing with water from the service main.
- Empty and clean your automatic ice makers and water chillers.
- Drain and refill your hot water heater if the temperature is set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Service connections with a water softener/cartridge filters should be run through a regeneration cycle or other procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
- Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled (as applicable).
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions or comments, please contact our customer service department at 844-310-7770
UPDATED: Attention Customers:
Montague Water Company will be conducting routine hydrant maintenance and flushing within your water distribution system on Tuesday, July 7, 2020 and Wednesday, July 8, 2020. During the hydrant flushing, we will have a contractor performing flow testing for each hydrant. The flushing and flow testing will be conducted, beginning at approximately 8:00 a.m. and ending at approximately 4:00 p.m. each day.
During this process, you may experience periods of lower than normal water pressure or possible cloudy water during this time period each day. We would ask that you please refrain from using your water as much as possible during this time to reduce the possibility of drawing cloudy or discolored water into your service lines. Once the process is completed, normal water quality and pressure will be restored to your home. Should you experience any water quality issues following this work, we would ask that you please try flushing your cold water line for approximately 2-3 minutes. If this does not improve the quality, please contact us immediately.
We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience you may experience while we work to provide you with the best possible water quality and service.